User
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 26, 2017, 03:37:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search
News
Mogware announces the Advanced Version.
Latest Downloads
Links
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Filehamster support  (Read 437 times)
Jac5r
Gerbil

Email
« on: February 29, 2016, 04:12:03 PM »

Ob boy...  no post here since years. 

I bought FH in 2009,  and it's the best program I know.   

My hint to users who have problems,  with W7 imported versions:  Delete it, then delete any directory with MOGWARE in the name.  (Do a search for it!)  Then just re-install FH under W10, and that's it. 

I made the W10 update on a 2015 PC,   that had FH on it under WE7.    After the update,  FH was still there, but when I select preferences,   the program says "can't find a banner", and shuts down controlled. No crash.  So I decided to let it rest a while. As we all know, new Windows versions are full of bugs always, and MS solves those  only  slooooowly.  Sometimes take one year time. Knowing W10 was was a quantum leap,  it is probably still full of massive bugs.

But I gave FH a try again.

It has been almost 8 months now since W10 release.  The W7 imported Version, I deleted that, and re-installed.   And look... it works ok now :))))!!!

I noted,  all updates were made also.   Mogware Update Server is stil running.   Very good:)

I assume, W10 will be continiously improved,  and compatibility for W7 Windows programs will get better over time.

Question to Mogware:  please don't obesolete  FH!   It saved my data so many times.

In case  you have to obsolete it...  can you give us the update files in some from to burn them on CD?  So when I have to, I can re-install later also.

I assume when W10 gets more advanced,  it will install  W7 programs safer.  So it would be a real pity to destroy this nice little program.   

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: