User
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2017, 08:18:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search
News
Mogware announces the ReplicationPlugin!
Latest Downloads
Links
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Wither FileHamster  (Read 2742 times)
ND
Mouse

Email
« on: October 31, 2013, 09:15:55 AM »

I wish there were more signs of life here. FH is a GREAT product, but I fear that at some point it will become incompatible with a new Windows update for some reason, and I'll be stranded. It's working great with Windows 7, but I don't know about Windows 8. :(

thedailycommute
FileHamster Beta
Gerbil

Email
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2014, 07:24:41 AM »

I've been using FH with Windows 8 Enterprise (upgraded from Windows 7 Enterprise) without problem (at least, no new problems!) for about 4 months now. I also agree with your comment - it's a pity that development seems to have stopped, and the forums turned into a ghost town. FH has saved my bacon on a number of occasions, I don't know what I'd do if it stopped working :).
Dev Support
Developer
Rabbit

Email
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2015, 01:59:14 PM »

I do apologize for the lack of support on FileHamster.  :(
The product has not been getting release updates like we had hoped and we actually wish we could do more for the community in supporting this tool.

The FileHamster community has been a wonderful group of users and we would like to try and do something for them but time and resources are just not as available as they have been in the past.
We have been considering the possibility of releasing the source code to the community so that any dedicate users with developer skills might be able to continue extending the product.

I'll try to push this initiative through in the coming months (assuming there is still interest in seeing FileHamster source become available to the public).
KingSky
Mouse

Email
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2015, 01:26:50 PM »

Yes please release the source code.

I PAID for the pro version and it has many problems and bugs in Windows 10.  I'm currently searching for an alternative :(
ND
Mouse

Email
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2015, 01:05:16 PM »

Hi. Wish I had seen the recent posts sooner. I started this thread.

I am a HUGE fan of FH. Nothing else like it. Please please please release the source or sell it or something. A more modern version could be a huge hit. Not even at the enterprise level, but for professional home users. Writers. Musicians. People who like to keep track of revisions, but who don't need or want complex versioning systems.

Please feel free to write to me about FileHamster. 
thedailycommute
FileHamster Beta
Gerbil

Email
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2016, 08:50:21 AM »

Although this is an old thread (a year, practically to the day since the last post), I too would be very (very!) interested in seeing the source to FH made available, if only to give me a chance to track down a long standing bug that causes FH to hang after an "out of memory" error.

For the record, I'm currently using the Pro version with Windows 10, without (any other!) problems...I guess you could say that's a testament to the quality of the code that it stills runs well, even after so many OS changes :-).
ND
Mouse

Email
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2016, 11:31:53 AM »

Long live FileHamster! :-)

Alas. :-(
Dev Support
Developer
Rabbit

Email
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2016, 01:11:51 PM »

Agreed...I will reach out to you guys to see how this could be best handled.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 01:28:19 PM by Dev Support » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: