User
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2017, 01:20:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search
News
Mogware announces the Enterprise Version.
Latest Downloads
Links
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Scripts wiki  (Read 3157 times)
konk007
Mouse

Email
« on: May 17, 2011, 05:46:22 AM »

Hello,

I was watching the scripts plugin video, which shows a dedicated wiki page. That page is currently unavailable (protected). Any reasons? Is there any other place where I can self-tutor in the use of the plugin, the variables it accepts etc etc.

The wiki page in question:

http://wiki.mogware.net/index.php?title=FileHamster_ScriptPlugin_Commandline_Interface

I set up an account on the wiki, hoping this would allo me to trace earlier versions of the page, but no luck.

Thanks for any help. 
Dev Support
Developer
Rabbit

Email
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2011, 07:55:37 AM »

Sorry about that, we are in the process of phasing out the wiki and this section was moved over to the plugin's help file.
Here is a quick copy of the information about the command file interface:

Pausing FileHamster:
'FH.Ignore'
Whenever FileHamster detects the creation of a file named FH.Ignore, FileHamster will set the DisableAllEvents option in the watch or document that the file was located in.

To unpause FileHamster, just delete the associated FH.Ignore file.

Ignoring a single document:
For instance, if I wanted to suspend all events on my report.doc, I would:
    * Create a file called report.doc.FH.Ignore next to my report.doc file.
    * FileHamster will detect this file, strip off the FH.Ignore and look up a document named report.doc. Once found it will set that document's DisableAllEvents option to true.
    * When ready to continue monitoring, delete the report.doc.FH.Ignore command and FileHamster will restore that document's DisableAllEvents option to false.

Ignoring an entire watch:
If I wanted to suspend all events on all the documents within my Documents watch, I would:
    * Create a file called FH.Ignore within my Documents folder.
    * FileHamster will detect this file and set the watch that this file was created in's DisableAllEvents option to true.
    * When ready to continue monitoring, delete the FH.Ignore command and FileHamster will restore that watches DisableAllEvents option to false.

Driving FileHamster's settings:
'FH.Command'
Like the FH.Ignore file, FileHamster ScriptPlugin will watch for any file named FH.Command to be created in one of your watches. If detected, FileHamster will open that file and read it for instructions to complete. To be read, the file should be formated in ini format with one or both of the following sections:
[Commands]
[Options]

[Commands] Section:
Within the Commands section, the following commands are valid:
    * PauseFileHamster - This command sets all of FileHamster to be in a paused state

[Options] Sections:
Within the Options section, the ScriptPlugin will look for option=value strings for any option within the FileHamster watch tree.

Examples:

Setting the MaxRevisions to 1:
[Options]
MaxRevisions=1

Setting the MaxRevisions to 1 and turning off all notification bubbles:
[Options]
MaxRevisions=1
ShowBubbles=False

Pausing FileHamster, setting the preserve time span to 1 second, and setting the EventStyle to SaveToTemp_Rename:
[Commands]
PauseFileHamster
[Options]
PerserveTimeSpan=00:00:01
EventStyle=SaveToTemp_Rename

« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 09:42:17 PM by Dev Support » Logged
konk007
Mouse

Email
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 02:20:42 PM »

Thank you for these intstructions. I managed to find the .chm file for the plugin and read what I wanted. What you provide is a nice supplement to that. Thanks.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: